Make & Mend accepts donations of clean, reusable art and craft supplies. Almost everyone has a bin of unwanted art supplies gathering dust in their basement. Whether it be from a project you've finished, a ridiculous amount of expensive supplies from college or a sewing kit from a loved one, you're not alone. Free your burden of creativity past and donate them to us!
You can also mail your donations to us at:
Make & Mend
Items that we accept:
pens, pencils, colored pencils, markers, erasers, sharpeners, paints (oil, acrylic, watercolor but no house paints), paintbrushes, canvas, pastels, charcoal, clay (in small quantities), ink and ink pads, printmaking tools, calligraphy tools, stamps, stickers
thread, bobbins, knitting needles, sewing needles, aida cloth, yarn (we can only take basic acrylic yarn in smaller quantities), fabric (larger than 10" x 10"), elastic, zippers, leather, pins, lace, hemp, embroidery floss, rulers, rotary cutters, scissors, stencils, yarn
watercolor paper, craft paper, scrap booking paper, wallpaper (samples), sketchbooks, notebooks, stationery, envelopes, highlighters, paperclips, post-it notes, glue, tape, bubble wrap, packing paper, memo books
art related books, coloring books, collage materials, handmade books and zines
If you are wondering if we accept something that is not on this list, please send us an email before you send it our way.
Items that we can never accept:
- Anything toxic, combustible or hazardous (including spray paints)
- Anything with mold or mildew, especially pertaining to fabric and yarn
- Books – except for art and craft-related
- Clothing and clothing hangers
- Fabric samples/tile samples
- Furniture or House paint
- Small pieces of fabric (anything under 10″ x 10″). Please no scraps!
- Anything broken or needing repair, especially sewing machines
- Binders or large office supplies