If you want to drop off your donation, you must sign up in advance.
We're open for drop-offs in Somerville on Thursday, Friday + Saturdays from 10:00-2:00pm! You can find more info on our sign-up form below.
If you'd like us to come pick-up your donation, please send an email to email@example.com to request pick-up within 10 miles of Boston. Please be sure to include your address, cell phone number, a brief description of your donation (no need for an itemized list of photos) and a few dates/times that work best for you. We typically do our pick-ups on Mondays + Fridays.
You can mail your donations via USPS to us at:
Make & Mend
Items that we accept:
Art + Craft
pencils, colored pencils, markers, drawing pens (please no basic or branded pens), erasers, sharpeners, acrylic paint, oil paint, watercolor paints, paintbrushes, clean canvases, pastels, charcoal, crafting clay, ink and ink pads, printmaking tools, calligraphy tools, hand tools, scissors, cutting mats, beads + jewelry making supplies, art storage containers, cigar boxes
thread, knitting + crochet tools, sewing needles, aida cloth, fabric (larger than 10" x 10", please no scraps!), elastic, zippers, leather, pins, lace, hemp, embroidery floss, rotary cutters, scissors, stencils, yarn, patterns (modern + unused), vintage and modern notions and tools
watercolor paper, craft paper, scrap booking paper, wallpaper (samples), sketchbooks, notebooks, stationery, envelopes , post-it notes, glue, tape, memo books, rulers, cards, stamps, stickers, ink pads
art related books, coloring books, sewing books, vintage books + maps, collage materials, vintage magazines (please no modern craft magazines), handmade books and zines
Other Items We Accept:
enamel pins, patches, maps, clean planters, small gardening supplies
We also accept limited home + vintage items on a case by case basis. If you’re interested in donating items of this nature, please send us an email.
Items that we can not accept:
- Holiday decorations, holiday specific books, or anything "Christmas" related
- Home Linens, towels, sheets, drapes or tablecloths
- Anything toxic, combustible or hazardous (including spray paints)
- Anything with mold or mildew, especially pertaining to fabric and yarn
- Books – except for art and craft-related
- Clothing and clothing hangers of any kind
- Fabric samples/tile samples
- Furniture or House paint
- Small pieces of fabric (anything under 10″ x 10″), Please no scraps!
- Anything broken or needing repair, especially sewing machines
- Binders or large office supplies