Please feel free to mail your donation or join us for our April Drop-Off Day!
We'll be accepting donations of gently used art supplies at our studio on Saturday, April 24th from 10:00-2:00. Our studio is a 86 Joy St. Somerville, MA 02143.
Donations should be left outside the building near the yellow door. Please text us at (617) 294-9996 when you arrive to drop-off. Donations will only be accepted contact-free so we cannot assist with unload. Masks must be worn at all times. If you have more than 4 bags or boxes, please let us know in advance.
Please email us if you have any questions and be sure to check out below to see what items we're accepting!
You can mail your donations to us at:
Make & Mend
Items that we accept:
Art + Craft
pencils, colored pencils, markers, drawing pens (please no basic or branded pens), erasers, sharpeners, acrylic paint, oil paint, watercolor paints, paintbrushes, clean canvases, pastels, charcoal, crafting clay, ink and ink pads, printmaking tools, calligraphy tools, hand tools, scissors, cutting mats, beads + jewelry making supplies, art storage containers, cigar boxes
thread, knitting + crochet tools, sewing needles, aida cloth, fabric (larger than 10" x 10", please no scraps!), elastic, zippers, leather, pins, lace, hemp, embroidery floss, rotary cutters, scissors, stencils, yarn, patterns (modern + unused), vintage and modern notions and tools
watercolor paper, craft paper, scrap booking paper, wallpaper (samples), sketchbooks, notebooks, stationery, envelopes , post-it notes, glue, tape, memo books, rulers, cards, stamps, stickers, ink pads
art related books, coloring books, sewing books, vintage books + maps, collage materials, vintage magazines (please no modern craft magazines), handmade books and zines
Other Items We Accept:
enamel pins, patches, maps, clean planters, small gardening supplies
We also accept limited home + vintage items on a case by case basis. If you’re interested in donating items of this nature, please send us an email.
Items that we can not accept:
- Holiday decorations, holiday specific books, or anything "Christmas" related
- Home Linens, towels, sheets, drapes or tablecloths
- Anything toxic, combustible or hazardous (including spray paints)
- Anything with mold or mildew, especially pertaining to fabric and yarn
- Books – except for art and craft-related
- Clothing and clothing hangers of any kind
- Fabric samples/tile samples
- Furniture or House paint
- Small pieces of fabric (anything under 10″ x 10″), Please no scraps!
- Anything broken or needing repair, especially sewing machines
- Binders or large office supplies